Walking into our unit we have a pretty tight entryway. To maximize storage and space, we created a demilune table from a round table, perfect for holding keys and mail. The small size and round edges are perfect for our entryway because it doesn't take up a lot of space!
Moving upstairs, we have DIY ombre frames with custom prints.
Our folded rope dome light has been one of my favorite projects to date!
The second level has two bedrooms and two baths (while the living room/kitchen is on the third). Weird, right? The second level has practically no view, and the third has a great one, so the main living area is up there.
I adore grasscloth wallpaper and nailhead trim! After wanting to use it for a while (and constantly living in rentals) I decided to make a removable feature wall incorporating grasscloth, nailhead, and trim. This way I get the custom look of wallpaper and nailhead, but with minimal (fixable upon moving) damage to the existing walls.
We built two nightstands with bamboo legs and a Skubb drawer from Ikea. We also painted dated brass lamps with white spray paint and made a removable white shade cover.
The writing desk was one of our first refinishing projects.
Click to read more about the grasscloth + nailhead feature wall, headboard, writing desk + chair, draperies, bamboo nightstands, coral chalk paint dresser, removable jersey lamp shade cover, painting dated brass lamps, adding a drum shade over a chandelier, chevron border stencil draperies, and trellis stenciled wall
Our guest room was primarily repurposed from our previous master bedroom, mixed with my favorite diy mirror.
We made a fabric wrapped parson's table from two hollow core doors. The fabric was the perfect way to hide minor imperfections in the doors. We also upholstered two Ikea Lack tables with a moroccan fabric.
Click to read more about: the headboard, painted glass diy mirror, dresser, fabric wrapped parsons table, Ikea Lack upholstered ottomans, bedskirt, round table to demi lune table, greek key pillow shams
Moving up to the third floor, we have two more landings. Did I mention that it is really hard to move furniture up here? :)
The first has a tall ombre gallery wall
and the second has a custom stenciled wall with frame shelves.
The third level has one long room that we use as an office and living room. Our DIY Schumacher Zimba inspired draperies on both sides help pull the space together and give it a pop of pattern and contrast.
The first important change was adding a credenza to hold all of my printers and papers. Getting all of my office clutter off of the ground and behind doors that could be closed when I was done for the day really helped. It's amazing what a little organization can do!
March we made this statement chandelier from a fluorescent diffuser for Creating with the Stars. We also added stripes to the ceiling and trim attached with small finish nails. It didn't go with our office at the time, but I loved it so much, that I decided to make it work :)
The round table was a roadside find - we added crown molding to the base, painted it and stenciled the top.
Then added a few large scale prints that read as one quote. I love the impact that the large font has! Even more, I love the price! I had them printed at Staples as engineering prints for a few dollars. Free download for text here.
Finally to finish the office, I added this large black and white abstract painting. I've changed this wall 4 times and finally found a good mix of scale and contrast! I feel like this finally pulled the office together, it's amazing how one piece of art can do that!
Click to read more about: the desk, eames chairs, diy schumacher zimba inspired draperies, statement pendant light, abstract black and white art, round stenciled table, chevron credenza
Our living room is shared with the office and divided with our minty blue open shelving unit. Using mostly materials from Habitat Restore, we were able to build it for only $35!
The living room seating area is grounded by a painted offset stripe rug. This was probably our quickest project - only taking a few hours!
and on top - our most time consuming project (by far my favorite too!) the herringbone driftwood table. David milled strips of wood from beach driftwood using a chop and table saw and constructed a metal base. I get tired just thinking about how much time that took! BUT so worth it, now we'll always have a memento from our time here.
We painted a set of nesting tables white and added a key stenciled top. The lampshade was also stenciled with a greek key. Stenciling is one of the cheapest ways to add pattern to virtually anything!
Click to read more about the chartreuse caning chair, tv stand, long turquoise ottoman, 10 minute pillow shams, greek key pillow, custom cornice, custom shelving, driftwood herringbone table, and offset striped painted rug