Here's the before - the most ugly brown and cream doors. Yuck!
Plus, we needed to do some repair work, fill bore bee holes, wood pecker holes and other damage. Also, since we've filled the bee holes and wood pecker holes, we've kept them away!! This ball has helped a lot to keep the woodpeckers away (and cutting down the dead trees)
We were going to replace the garage doors, but that's going to require a little more work - we were told with the low ceiling height, we can't get new doors to work properly - so in the mean time, we got them painted!
The two large ash trees (on the left) are now gone - David and his Dad cut them down last winter - good thing since they are dying due to a bug coming through our area!
For the exterior, we used a solid stain by Benjamin Moore - Arborcoat for deck and siding - in Dragon's Breath 1547. It's the perfect color - a warm, medium to dark gray.
The solid stain, penetrates and bonds into the paint - so no need for primer! We only needed one coat - so the coverage was excellent. Even though we didn't paint the entire house ourselves, we have installed a new dog door and repaired the siding, so we did use the paint - it went on great!
Soon, we'd love to add a patio on the back and add a pergola above to break up that side of the house.
We are in love with the new color! It's amazing what changing the color can do!
Thanks so much to Benjamin Moore for providing the paint - Arborcoat in Dragon's Breath 1547. As always, I only share products and companies that I love and have had a good experience with!