Monday, February 22, 2016

Dorsey Reno Update + Eames Lounge Chair

Did you have a good weekend? I hope so! I realized that I haven't shared a #dorseyreno update recently - and for good reason - there hasn't been one! Painting the rest of the walls and refinishing the rest of the hardwood floors was a little overwhelming - mainly because we can't really live here during most of it (wish we could have done it before we moved in!)


We came up with a plan to break it unto more manageable chunks - so we've gained our momentum and we're back on track!

This weekend - we finished laying down all the plastic and sprayed the ceiling in the two back bedrooms, the hallway and the kitchen (still love our sprayer by the way!) I can't wait until the whole space is bright white!! I know that not everybody agrees about painting the wood - but I think that we can ALL agree that the rough sawn wood absorbing dirt is NOT a good thing - it's basically impossible to really clean.

Last weekend David found an authentic Eames Lounge chair on CL - there was one person in front of us - luckily they backed out! We've been searching for several years - so we were definitely excited! We found the ottoman shell on eBay - so we'll be piecing the ottoman together as we find the parts.


We have so many projects that we want to complete - it's hard to chose what to start on after we finish the painting and floors .. the chair definitely got me thinking about the small loft off of our bedroom.

Here's a quick sketch that I did for the space - I'd love to add a built in and of course the Eames chair!


So what's next? Kitchen? MBR bath? Loft? I can't decide!! What would you do first? 

7 comments:

  1. OMG! What an amazing find! Did they know it was Eames? Those are my favorite stories. I'm still looking for one on the side of the road on trash day. A girl can dream right!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing and I'm sooo jealous of the chair find!!!!

    I would absolutely get the kitchen going next, but that's my preference. I would do MBR next of course. Maybe reverse the order based on how much you use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted this chair!!!! Great find! Can't wait to see what you choose to do next, love be following along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chair!!! We have a knock off eames, and it kind of bothers me, but I love the look and it is comfortable. If I can ever find a real one for less than $2000 I will have to buy it! With the chair, I would be tempted to finish the master!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found an Eames Chair on CL!?! What a score! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I love hearing what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover