Hey! Today I'm sharing about having a standout blog. I've already shared a few tips - get caught up here. So today will be a mini summary and a few goals of my own!
1. Photography - People love looking at pretty photos! Investing time in learning or enhancing your images is easily the best use of time and money when blogging - after all, people people typically spend just a few minutes looking at a post - they don't always read everything, but they do scroll through all the photos! See my tips here
2. Focus on creating a voice. But, make it your own. Don't try to be something that you're not. Sometimes, I think I need to be more entertaining or engaging, but the reality is that I like to keep direct and short and sweet - so that's what I'm sticking too :)
3. Create engaging, creative and original content. Think about what is missing from the blogging world and what people are looking for.
and three of my GOALS for making a standout blog.
1. Move to Wordpress and new site design. We started the process about a year ago .. but still haven't moved over. Whoops! Definitely need to work on that! Wordpress is good because it allows you to fully customize and be more creative.
2. Archive past posts so they are easy for new readers to find. I think that's the quickest way to engage a new reader and show them what you're all about! You can see my projects page here, but I haven't updated it recently. I'd also like to include a new home tour!! It's been too long. You can see our CA tour here. MD tour soon!
3. Expand my online shop. This is a great way to add and enhance your brand. I've been thinking about this for a year or so - maybe selling some of our furniture or pieces to customize furniture? I have a couple of things floating around my head .. if you have an idea of what you'd like to see from us, let me know!
I hope you've enjoyed the #blogging101 series! This is the final #blogging101 post - if you'd like to here my thoughts on something - maybe a series? Let me know in the comments!
Be sure to stop by With Heart, Bliss at Home, The White Buffalo Stylinh Co., Emily A Clark - to see see their top tips!