You can see the before below. On another note, the lighting was horrible! The existing lights produced practically no light. So we'll definitely be addressing that!
Here's a rough photoshop. The light style isn't for sure, just an option (not the price though!)
So far, we've removed the lighting and ceiling fan, removed the plank under the beam (and sanded off the adhesive, yuck!) set up the scaffolding and starting taping up the walls. We've purchased a sprayer and supplies, hopefully we can start painting in a week or so! I hope!
This room will be changing a good bit, we have built ins planned, new railings, and refinished floors. I can't wait to see this space come together!