Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I Love Pinterest - Art Above Headboard Progress + Ikat Dress

I LOVE pinterest! There is endless inspiration!

A while ago I found this image on pinterest and thought what a great idea and so simple!

I've had so many ideas for the art above the headboard that it has been hard deciding ... so I might try them all to see what looks best - check out this post to see my first take

and the beginning of my second take -

The pattern is a loose interpretation of the back material of the pillow sham or bed skirt - I plan to paint them yellow like the console table

Check back soon for updates! 


On another note - I was recently in a store and saw a dress and thought - hey I think even I could make something like that! off to pinterest I went and found a super easy tutorial

Following the tutorial - I used a tank top from Target and cotton ikat fabric, some coordinating thread and elastic thread for the waist

Here is what I came up with ...

David took these photos this weekend while we were down at the beach - please excuse my awkward modeling ... I chose the best ones I could find

My Mom is an amazing seamstress and made a lot of my clothes when I was young - while this isn't nearly as detailed as what she made me - I still think she would be proud!


  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jena! It was so fun and easy to make, I think I'm going to make another!

  2. I am obsessed with Pinterest too, I can't believe how creative people are!
    I am launching a Pinterest challenge tuesday- you should enter, your projects are amazing!

    1. Thanks Katie! I'm heading over to your blog now - I'll be sure to enter on Tuesday!

  3. Oh my goodness! That dress is darling!

    1. Thank you! it was so easy to make - I'd recommend trying it!

  4. your dress turned out great! i love your fabric choice!! and i also love how you tied the sash in front. where did you find your cute ikat fabric? thanks for stopping by so i could see the pictures. so glad my tutorial worked for you!

    1. Thank you!! I found the fabric at a local store - it is dear stella, Ikat Stella - 12, they also have their website printed on the side, Thanks so much for posting your tutorial, it worked perfectly!


Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I love hearing what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover