Friday, May 4, 2012

Art Progress for Above the Headboard


This morning I printed these images on muslin attached to drawing paper I originally saw the idea here and thought it would be perfect for above the bed!

I've had a few roadblocks, but I am well on my way to finishing - I just have to finish painting the frames


I picked up these frames from Michaels on sale for under $5 each - some spray adhesive - a big drawing pad of paper - and a drop cloth ...

Excited to start - I opened the drop cloth and saw that it had a plastic backing - since I was adhering it to paper to go through the printer that wouldn't work! Back to the store I went - I decided to return it and make a trip to the fabric store instead where I picked up half a yard of muslin for .97 - can't beat that!

This morning I opened the frames and noticed that one of the pieces of glass was broken - so back to the store to exchange!  Not a total loss though because I also pick up some other frames to finish the room.


After a little bit of frustration - I am nearing the finish line - just have to finish painting the frames and hang them!
 Art is the last project for the bedroom! I am looking forward to starting the living room ... I think the first project will be reupholstering this chair - in this fabric

via


via



The air compressor came yesterday so I will be able to finish painting the table this weekend!

Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Printing onto the cloth is SUCH a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing. I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Printing on the muslin was so easy (and can't beat the price!) I would highly recommend it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I love hearing what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover