Over the weekend we finished the chair for the writing desk! I love how it turned out, it really has come a long way!
Seat was removed and the chair was sanded, wiped with microfiber cloth, primed, lightly sanded, wiped with microfiber cloth, and painted with SW Anew Gray Pro Classic with XIM Extender - I picked up a quart over the weekend and it looks fabulous. It is a light to medium gray with brown undertones - I actually think I am going to repaint the dresser as well ...
We decided not to use the existing seat because it dipped in the middle (and the foam would move when it was sat in), so I traced the seat and David cut it out with the jigsaw. We used a left over piece of 1/2" plywood that was used for the headboard and ottoman
I bought a 2" thick foam square (prepackaged 22" x 22") from Joanns - used the plywood seat as a template and a SHARP kitchen knife - we used the filet knife (it cut soooo easily!)
Covered it with batting and Waverly's Izmir Ikat fabric - Pulled tight on the edges so that the top of the seat would be slightly rounded
I then used an ivory linen fabric I had left over from another project to hide the fabric edges and plywood on the bottom - sorry no picture! - but I cut it approximately to size, rolled the edges and stapled in place
This was a fast and easy project - wish I could say that about the writing desk!
Over the weekend David and I tackled sanding the writing desk - SEVERAL hours later and I am proud to say - it is almost done! I am hoping to finish today.
Over the weekend I ordered Briwax liming wax to finish the desk and it is supposed to be here today - gotta love Amazon Prime with free upgraded shipping!