Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Five | 3.6.15

Happy Friday! Here's a few of my favorites from the past week!

I'm loving the new Whim collection by Martha Stewart at Macy's. Aren't these fun prints the perfect way to usher spring in!? 

From the collection, I have the aqua dots sheets and flamingo pillowcases.

Hopefully spring is on it's way soon! 

I'm loving Emily Henderson's Biggest Design Mistakes series. I definitely agree that buying a small rug is such a common mistake - when in doubt - go bigger! See Emily's tips here

Please pin from original source, here, thanks! 

emily henderson

Have you tried Cascadian Farm Chocolate Chip granola bars yet? I know it sounds silly to talk about granola bars, but they are seriously the best. They don't have that dry, cardboard taste that most boxed granola bars have. They are moist and have a strong vanilla flavor that almost gives them a homemade cookie taste almost. I think the sugar content is pretty comparable to other granola bars, but they are organic, so you can at least feel better about that :) Cascadian Farm has no idea who I am .. but I just picked up a box this week (at Target) and wanted to share! 

How dreamy is this kitchen!? Everything is perfection! I really love the windows - it certainly doesn't feel small!

Please pin from original source, here, thanks! 

This Kate Spade Saturday at West Elm pillow is on sale for $14.99!! It also comes in blue

And this brushstroke pillow is $19.99!! 

I hope you all have an amazing weekend!! :) If you need me, I'll be working on my deck for The Home Depot Style Challenge!! 


p.s. Sarah M. Dorsey Designs has been named one of the Top Ten DIY blogs by Better Homes and Gardens. It's such an honor, so many talented bloggers are included!! 

Voting is now going on, it's so easy - only two clicks! If you could take a moment, I'd appreciate it! 


Thursday, March 5, 2015

What Would Sarah Do? Bamboo Headboard

Welcome to another installment of What Would Sarah Do? Today, I'm sharing a bamboo, Chinoiserie headboard found at Habitat Restore. 

I ended up purchasing the matching bamboo nightstands (all pieces were $40 each), but I left the headboard behind .. I'm trying to limit my thrift purchases since we're moving at the end of April. Wish me luck ;)

Funny side note .. the associate who rang me up was trying to talk me into purchasing the headboard too .. he was telling me how avocado green and yellow were really in right now .. and that he just sold a few similar pieces (from his home) to his neighbor who sells things on Etsy. I had to chuckle .. I don't think his neighbor was purchasing it because of the color, I think it was the bamboo ;)

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Shopping with Sarah | Home Goods + Ross

I haven't posted a Shopping with Sarah recently, so I thought it was time!

Up first, Home Goods. I always find something that I want to take home with me!

How amazing is this gold starburst with marble base!? It's huge! The garden stool is probably about 18" tall, so the starburst is about 24" - 30" tall!  $59.99

Monday, March 2, 2015

Sarah M. Dorsey Designs Turns 3 + Big Plans for 2015

Today, I'm celebrating Sarah M. Dorsey Designs turning three!! I almost missed it .. whoops! So, today I'm sharing a recap of the past year and what is to come in the rest of 2015 (spoiler, 2015 is going to be amazing!)

Honestly, 2014 was a rough year for us, we moved 4 or 5 times (depending how you look at it), find out why here. I was feeling unsettled, and a lack of tools and styling materials made it difficult to keep up with things. But, we made the best out of it and looking back at the past year, I think we did pretty good!

Here's are few of my favorite projects over the past year!

Robert Abbey knock off lamp created from mat board, here. I'm obsessed with the technique that we developed!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover